Recently, the General Auditor of the Iglesia Ni Cristo, Glicerio B. Santos Jr. (aka JS), did a porting of the meeting of Ministers. His part is indeed quite disturbing in so many levels. Let’s go over this in detail and ask yourself if this was the norm during the time of the previous two Administrators.
- 10 months of devotional prayers – what event requires 10 months of continuous vow prayer? Holy Supper, which was once or used to be one of the most sacred events in the Church is only done with a one month devotional. I say “used to be” because nowadays the Holy Suppers are also randomly thrown about and re-scheduled when there is the MORE IMPORTANT PASTORAL VISIT of the Beloved Administrator.
- Part of the reason for the 10 month devotional prayer is for the gathering of money known as “Special Offering”. (I’ll tell you what for in a moment.) But can any of the old Church members recall a time we had a 10 month prayer for collecting money?
- Supposedly, one of the reasons for this 10 month preparation is the renovation of all chapels that need repairs. Good reason right? But of course, at the end of the 10 month period, the Beloved One can lay claim to the great SUCCESS of renovating the chapels. – Wait a minute – let’s get this straight – We, the church members will sacrifice our time and effort for 10 months of prayer, give our contributions, use it to renovate our own chapels – because the Central office will not be assisting, and then at the end of it, we say “Thank you po, Brother Eduardo”??!
- Why a 10 month preparation? Because the Beloved Leader LOVES numbers. And to him, this is significant, in case some of our readers have not caught on, here is the breakdown:
2019 is the 10th year of the Beloved’s administration.
The 10th month of the 10th year is also HIS birthday
So, the entire Church will be preparing for 10 months
- How do we celebrate this so-called momentous occasion? By giving away cars to 30 Ministers! Why 30? Because there will be 10 categories with 3 winners in each, of course!
- You might be asking why I said these things are DISTURBING? There is so much EMPHASIS on the great and beloved leader’s accomplishment.
- To “celebrate”, the entire church will be “FUNDING” these “prizes” for the Ministers.
- A round trip prize to Jerusalem Israel to the winning Minister and his family will be given PLUS pocket money of course.
- CARS will be given to Ministers. Whilst the brethren who “funded” these cars will still be walking. How do you think the “winning” Ministers will be able to maintain these “prizes”? As in the insurance, regular maintenance, the weekly petrol? FROM THE SAME BRETHREN.
- In short, WE, the regular church members will provide the funds for the Jerusalem trip, to purchase the vehicles, give them to the Ministers, then provide the funds to support running the vehicles. At the same time, we will be expected to say “Thank You po, Brother Eduardo” for your 10 years of “successful leadership.”
Am I missing something here?
Lastly, to be clear, I am writing these things on here because to pose these questions these decisions in person will be considered HERESY! What is the answer you will get? “That is the same thinking of JUDAS ISCARIOT who only pretended to have concern for the welfare of the church, when he questioned Jesus for using expensive oil!!”
Are we not allowed to ask questions anymore? Are we not allowed to have thoughts anymore? Just look around you brethren. Look at the (figurative and literal) signs. Why are there so many banners and streamers that say “Thank you po, Brother Eduardo”?
Let’s be reminded of the Church doctrines:
When Apostle Paul and Barnabas were mistaken for gods and the people wanted to sacrifice to them, what did they do? Acts 14:14-15:
“When Barnabas and Paul heard what they were about to do, they tore their clothes and ran into the middle of the crowd, shouting, “Why are you doing this? We ourselves are only human beings like you! We are here to announce the Good News, to turn you away from these worthless things to the living God, who made heaven, earth, sea, and all that is in them.”
The Apostles did not want to be praised. The clarified that they were “ONLY HUMAN BEINGS LIKE YOU”. Why are we then being pushed to praise the Administrator for visiting or for preaching? Or for that matter, even just approving that we renovate our own chapels? Am I speaking heresy here? Or is it Biblical? Jesus is the one who spoke these words – Luke 17:9-10
“The servant does not deserve thanks for obeying orders, does he? It is the same with you; when you have done all you have been told to do, say, ‘We are ordinary servants; we have only done our duty.’”
So on October 2019 – the 10th month of the 10th year of the Beloved One’s anniversary, must we all give “Thanks” to him and praise him for doing his duty?
Did Jesus Christ even want to be praised? Read John 5:41, especially in the Good News version – He simply stated: “I am not looking for human praise.”
Does this not say it all? Get ready brothers and sisters. The 10 plagues are about to happen again.
One last addition – because I know many of you watched the “Fifth Estate’s” documentary on the Church and what I thought was truly horrifying and humiliating for the Church is when the journalists who were trying to get an interview with the Beloved EVM had their tyres slashed. And at the end, the creepy church member showed up again. And what does he say as an explanation?
“IT HAPPENS.” There were security guards around to make sure people don’t just randomly wander around to run into the Beloved Administrator. Are you telling us that some random stranger just happened to pass by and slashed the journalists’ vehicle? Not one but all 4 tyres?!?!
This, to me, sums up everything of what is happening to our Church. How can anything be explained these days? IT HAPPENS.