The start of the new month began with action and adventure in the Philippines with the Manalo siblings in 36 Tandang Sora being arrested. For what? “Indiscriminate shooting”. So allegedly there were weapons inside the house which was used to shoot indiscriminately. Indiscriminate as in “done at random, without making a distinction”. So…
- If 2 officers were supposedly shot, then why are the charges indiscriminate shooting? I guess it was just the bad ricochet, maybe?
- How did they have all these weapons when all these guards would go through everything that went into that compound with a fine tooth comb?
- What kind of police work is it that you haul in 31 people, including women, children and dogs?!? Were they all armed and loaded? But then again, that Pomeranian did look quite guilty.
- Oh and I love the Eagle News deep discovery, they were unlicensed firearms. Let’s dwell on this for a moment… hmmm… unlicensed… Philippines…hahahahaha. That’s quite interesting. I wonder if those officers would recognise a license if they ever saw one.
Then you have the news teams who could not enter to interview the Manalos because they did not have the “blessing” of EVM. So let’s think about this…
- What does that tell you when the INC has the power to tell the police who they choose which network will have access ?
- And we all know that the “Chosen” media outlet is none over than “Eagle News”. Surprise! Because we all know that the Church owned /controlled news outlet is the bastion of journalistic integrity and truth. So what does Eagle News do? They take lots of videos of… doors. Oh and a 2 second clip of the accused. Just like real journalism right? Don’t be like other journalists who would love to have exclusive interviews of the accused. Don’t bother with interviews of the people involved. Just show doors.
and more doors.
Then on the weekend we get, you guessed it, Webex Worship Service! Another opportunity to watch our beloved Leader tell us (for the umpteenth time) that we are in the right church. “So don’t leave it!” and “Stop listening to those naughty naughty Defenders!” It was actually quite an odd lesson. Here are some the highlights…
- He mentioned reconciling with your brother. How ironic don’t you think? What is that verse again? Oh that’s right…
23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.
25 “Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court.
So tell us, who should go? The one at fault? Or the correct one? Which one are you? And how long should you wait? Months? Years? Tell us wise Leader
- He then mentions about James 2:10 which states “For the one who obeys the whole law but fails in one point has become guilty of all of it”
Please answer this: “For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ and ‘Whoever insults his father or mother must be put to death.” Guilty or not guilty?
- Leader EVM goes on something odd about finishing the race. So don’t run effeminately. Was that a joke? Rather odd. Imagine what the guests were thinking.
- Then he mentions about training and discipline. Example? Exercising but then eating a big meal. Do you realllly want to go there?
- The rest was as usual. Formulaic. Prayers for our most beloved, yata yada yada, Sermon goes for an hour, half time joke to wake us up, we are the true Church, etc…obey obey, worship, offer.. Conclusion..blah blah… I ask the Father… you know the routine… closing prayer… mostly about EVM, offering, prayer for EVM, oh yes also bless the offering and…. Bless EVM. The End.
Did I miss anything? Oh yes, the point is, I don’t know what his Council of Elders are telling him, perhaps something like, “Oh yes, you were great! Brethren love the Webex! They yearn for it. They flock to see you.” Here is the truth. And I’m not being mean: We don’t love it. I’ll be blunt and tell you why. I am not a kiss arse minister who will say you were Magnificent
- It’s annoying when the schedules of services are changed at your every whim. People have set routines. It’s unnecessary
- It’s in Tagalog. Non Tagalog brethren are then forced to READ hymns which are supposed to be SUNG. The entire sermon has to be read by Non Tagalog attendees. It’s like watching a Korean movie (minus the great complexion). You just end up reading the subtitles throughout the movie. If that’s the case why not just email the sermon to us?
- The prayers don’t translate well with all that wailing, “Amaaaaaa” and “Salamaaaaaaat pohhhhhh” All you hear from the venues as replies are “U-huh” and deep sighs. Oh and lots of crickets chirping.
- You must have a clue. Remember when these Webex services were scheduled on other days? No one went. Then it was designated to be on ONE of the weekend services. Brethren attended the OTHER schedules. So what do you do? Make ALL of them Webex. Hello? Read the signs! Brethren don’t want it! They avoid it like the plague!
- Lastly, are we really progressing or regressing? Think about it. Long ago we had audio tapes for worship services outside the Philippines because there weren’t enough Ministers. Brother Eraño Manalo then sent videos while Ministers were intensively trained in the English language until the time came that highly fluent Ministers were sent. So where are we now? Back to recorded videos and Ministers who struggle in English.
And then the Administration will proclaim we are witnessing the “Parade of Victories”?
My, what a week it has been.