Another week, another Worship Service wasted. Let’s get straight to the point. This is about the last Video re-run of the Executive Minister’s Worship Service last February 5. Was it illuminating? No. Where there any revelations of sorts? No. It was merely another repetitive sermon from EVM. Let me put it this way: The brethren are very tired of the same thing drilled into our heads over and over. Why?
The sermons are FORMULAIC–
- The beginning will be broad and can be about anything – from tragedies to persecution
- Then it will go into about how important our membership is – that we can only have salvation in the Church
- There will be a joke somewhere in the middle – to wake up when our minds start to wander
- Conclusion will always be the same – obey and submit to the Administration so he can lead us to salvation
- The ending is now always the same – EVM will “pray” for us – he will say “I ask God…etc…“
It is repetitive! What are we learning? That we need him? How much do we need to be reminded??
Let’s go to the specifics of this sermon – EVM mentioned that it’s hard for him to visit the brethren throughout the world but he is willing to travel because he “loves” us. Hmm…
- He said Russia was too cold then he went to Brazil which was too hot. Really? Are you Goldilocks??? “Oh this bed is too hard. This one is too soft!” ohh my, the sacrifice
- Wait a minute, aren’t you from the Philippines? And Brazil weather was too hot for you?!?
- And then to say that is a sacrifice to go to those places? Uhhmm, pardon me, Sire, but what about those people who live there EVERY DAY? It’s a sacrifice for YOU to visit for a few days in your Airbus and in your 5 star hotel??
- And one more thing on this, are you not the one who make your own schedule? Would it not be then prudent to schedule your trip when the weather is “milder” for you as well as brethren who have to travel? Look it up – Russia is warm around June. Brazil is cool in July. Remember Solomon’s words? “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens”
- And why travel from Russia to Brazil, then to North California, then to Mexico? Does anyone else see the incoherent travel itinerary? Perhaps jet fuel (and offerings) could be saved if the itinerary was more, say, streamlined? I mean, is there an urgent need to go from Russia to Brazil? After all, Apostle Paul said, “Everything must be done in a proper and orderly way.”
Then there is the EVM defense once again about expulsion of his mother and siblings. Again? Did he give a reason? NO. All that is ever said is that he loves the Church. I
- t’s funny how he only mentions the teachings of Jesus regarding loving your mother and father. Why don’t you get your reader to read with emphasis?
- EVM’s defense? Matthew 10:37. Let us study the verse (which was NOT read but only quoted in passing) “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me”
- JESUS DOES NOT SAY to HATE your mother. He DID NOT SAY to disrespect your mother. He NEVER commanded to EXPEL your mother. There are no verses like that in the Bible.
- What Jesus said is that if you love your mother and father then the MORE you should God and Jesus. It does not justifiy Expelling your mother.
- What does the Bible say that is truly EVIL? Just read – 2 Timothy 3:1-5 – no need for explanations: “Remember that there will be difficult times in the last days. People will be selfish, greedy, boastful, and conceited; they will be insulting, DISOBEDIENT TO PARENTS, UNGRATEFUL, and irreligious; they will be UNKIND, MERCILESS, slanderers, violent, and fierce; they will hate the good; they will be TREACHEROUS, reckless, and swollen with PRIDE; they will love pleasure rather than God; 5 they will hold to the OUTWARD FORM of our religion, but reject its real power. Keep away from such people.”
Sound like anyone you know? (sigh) Another wasted week.