I find it truly distasteful to making merchandise of people who have been laid to rest. How much more when it is the Messenger of God. Not only is it distasteful, it is such dishonour for the Messenger of God to be used in a worldly manner. I am referring to the movie “Felix Manalo”. This is so wrong on so many levels.
1. Simply looking at the image along with the words “Credit Card”, “PayPal” and “Cash” is such desecration. Remember the words of Jesus?
“Do not give what is holy to dogs—they will only turn and attack you. Do not throw your pearls in front of pigs—they will only trample them underfoot.”
Isn’t this what happened? The movie is shown in public only to be criticised, mocked and trampled by those who do not understand? Here are some examples:
– A. This movie is about the cult started by felix manalo who thought he was an angel and self proclaimed last apostle. He doesnt believe in Jesus Christ as God yet they named their cult “iglesia ni cristo” (meaning church of christ). But i really admire him because he brainwashed his followers so well so they praise him.
– B. It gets pretty tiresome. The film focuses on legitimacy so much that it actually has the opposite effect. It feels unnecessarily defensive,
– C. . It seems that the whole film can be summarized in six words: ‘We are right, they are wrong’. Maybe the film should be called ‘Iglesia ni Cristo’ not ‘Felix Manalo’.
2. This movie was made through the millions of offerings of brethren. And when it was made, the very same brethren who offered had to pay to watch the movie. That is called a SCAM.
3. The life story of Brother Felix Manalo was done as a musical AND as a movie before. They were shown for free. But now, brethren were charged to watch and told to watch again and again.
Not only is Brother Manalo’s life exposed for criticism, but even his life long work has been made into merchandise. I’m sure you have seen these pictures in the last few months.
Since the current Administration is ‘fine with merchandising’, here are some suggestions for marketing the I AM ONE with EVM products. Since they LOVE LOVE LOVE the THUMB. Let’s have a few lighthearted ideas shall we…?
SARCASM – noun
1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
2. a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
3. a literary genre comprising such compositions.
DISCLAIMER: The products BELOW are NOT FOR SALE – These are purely to make a point through sarcasm & satire (in case some EVM’ers actually want to buy them)
THE I AM ONE WITH EVM EGGPLANT
I AM ONE AIRBUS – oh wait – he has one already
THE I AM ONE (balut) with EVM
For those of you who don’t know what it is – look it up. Too graphic to describe.
THE I AM ONE (dozen) WITH EVM
THE I AM ONE with EVM BOWL
and to complete the set – here is the I AM ONE WITH EVM toilet paper –
Here are some familiar faces who can market the I am One slogan…
I really dislike that thumb.